So, in 1147 - when the existence of a property on the hill of the ‚Goste‘ was first mentioned in a historical document – Gisila, a minister, donated part of the ancient farm "an der Costen" to the Novacella Abbey. Later, the property came into the possession of a certain Stainer family. And at the beginning of the 16th century, the "Alte Goste" obtain permission to bake bread and run a restaurant, until in 1557 a certain Gilg Steiner became its first innkeeper ("Wirt an der Costen").
What historical testimonies and documents reveal about the "Alte Goste" has been researched for us by competent historians and summarised in a book dedicated to our hotel, complete with photographic documentation. Furthermore, the ancient manuscript certifying the donation of the property is still kept in the Novacella Abbey.